Detector type: Vanadium Oxide Uncooled Focal Plane Arrays
Refresh rate: Sensor 25 Hz / LCOS display 50 Hz
FOV: 11.69° × 8.78°
- USB Cable
- 3 Lanyard
- EU Plug
- Lens Cloth
- Operation Manual
Product shown herein is subject to US export regulations and may require a license prior to export. Any diversion contrary to US Government regulations is prohibited.
DESCRIPTION AND FEATURES
The AGM Taipan thermal monoculars have become synonymous with two words: Reliability and Simplicity. The Taipan TM15-256 is a great mid-level thermal monocular for anyone wanting to experience the capabilities of thermal imaging. Equipped with a highly advanced 12 micron 256×192 resolution thermal sensor and a 720×540 LCOS display, it’s a great tool for hunters, campers and general outdoors enthusiasts who want or need to detect the presence of other animals or people in complete darkness. The range of uses include blood-tracking for hunters which aids in game retrieval, enhancing safety and awareness for hikers and camp sites and general nighttime curiosity. The Taipan TM15-256 still comes equipped with many of the most popular software features that experienced thermal users have come desire: up to 8 hours of battery life from an internal rechargeable battery, Wi-Fi hotspot, AGM Connect app compatibility for exporting and sharing images and videos, 1.5-12X magnification, 8GB of internal storage with no need for a memory card and a 3 Year Transferable Warranty.
Warning: California’s Proposition 65
The device realizes distance measurement function after marking the top and bottom of target, and input the target height.
Hot Spot Mark:
The device detects and marks the hot spot of highest temperature.
Device supports pallet switch and distance measurement.
Built-in memory module supports video recording/snapshot capturing.
Device supports 1×, 2×, 4×, and 8× digital zoom.
Device can capture snapshots, record videos, and set parameters via APP after being connected to your phone.
- 256×192 resolution, 12 μm, high sensitivity detector
- Adaptive AGC, DDE, 3D DNR
- 720 × 540 LCOS display
- Built-in rechargeable Lithium battery
- Up to 8 hours continuous running (with Wi-Fi hotspot function off)
- “Auto Power Off” and “Sleep” modes
- Wi-Fi hotspot
- Type-C interface
- 3-Year warranty
FIRMWARE UPDATE INSTRUCTION
Please read the instructions below before updating the firmware.
Check current firmware version of your device, for this go to your device’s main menu to option “Info” or “Version” and check what number you have. Compare the number with the latest version of the firmware on the AGM website.
Download the firmware update package to your PC and unzip it.
NOTE: Do not open the DAV or BIN file on your computer as it may corrupt the file.
- Connect the thermal device to your PC with USB cable.
- Turn on the thermal device.
- Disable the Wi-Fi Hotspot function in the device menu if WiFi is enabled.
- Open the detected disk (USB drive) in file manager program. Copy the unzipped .dav file and paste it to the root directory of the device.
- Turn off the device.
- Turn on the device. After a while, the firmware update process will start automatically. During the update, the screen will display the inscription “Upgrading …”. The update process will be completed when the inscription “Upgrading …” goes out. Repeat steps 4-6 for each updating file.
- Turn off the device and disconnect it from your PC.